Sunday, January 2, 2011


This is the end of my Sketchbook Project entries. However there may be news of this exhibit as it travels and I will add those notes from time to time. No more little sketches, though, and I am on to bigger (and smaller) and, I hope, better small art works.

The cover for the Sketchbook
Project was suggested by Barbara Lee Smith. I would have liked to make several buckles on the outside like a real straight jacket might have, but it was suggested that we make the cover easy to handle. I knew people would not want to open and then close a lot of buckles so I used Velcro on each of the straps instead. It will be interesting to watch the journey of these small books.

1 comment:

  1. Yipee. You're finished. You've done a masterful job on illustrating this difficult title, BJ. Once your creative mind kicked into gear with all these plays on words it seemed to go rather quickly. Now it'll be interesting to see how you use this experience to inform some larger works. Congratulations!
    I mailed my sketchbook in last week. Did you know there are over 28,000 people working on this project? 28,000!

    ReplyDelete