Thursday, October 28, 2010

When I joined the Sketch Book Project, I chose the theme, Jackets, Blankets, and Sheets because I didn’t think anyone else would choose it. Then I ran out of ideas and was sorry I had chosen it. I recently asked many friends for ideas and received so many good ideas that I got to work drawing many of them. The paper in the book is so thin I didn’t want to work on it after having a few problems of ink going through to the next page. These drawings were quickly and crudely rendered on drawing paper and then pasted into the book. I have to thank all my friends who sent me ideas and hope they enjoy the results.
A sentence I want to include in the front of the book came from Dot Moye. “Swarms of Yellow Jackets blanketed the area once the sheets of rain ceased to fall.”

No comments:

Post a Comment