Saturday, December 18, 2010

Finally the shopping is finished and I had time to put up the wreath before company arrived. I made this wreath a year or two ago from supplies I had around the studio, including a large old embroidery hoop, a lot of styrofoam balls and various green and red yarns. When I was through winding yarn over the balls, out came the old glue gun. I began attaching them to the embroidery hoop, which I had wound with more yarn. After most all the balls were firmly attached, the wreath still looked empty so I found a lot of tiny spools of thread and glued them in empty spaces. Textile folk seem to love it and for others it is a bit weird, but the correct colors for the season. HAppy Holidays.........




1 comment:

  1. What a good idea for a wreath. Last spring I wrapped styrofoam balls with strips of spring green cotton fabric and lined them up in an old French Bread bowl to add a festive note to my buffet. Stryofoam is good for lots of thing.
    Merry Christmas, BJ.

    ReplyDelete