Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home again from L.A. and the South Bay area.

 I always have to spend time just looking and walking along the beach.
Here from the Esplanade in the Hollywood Riviera
looking toward Palos Verdes Peninsula on an overcast day.
I love the small of the ocean and watching the waves roll in
is mesmerizing. A couple of brave swimmers in the very cold Pacific.
 Around the west side of the Peninsula looking toward the 
San Vicente Lighthouse I am standing at the
 Interpretive Center and Museum.
Marineland used to be near here.
 Looking in the other direction we, and a few others, 
are watching 3 whales frolicking.
 Further around the west side of the peninsula is the 'new to me'
Terranea Resort. Standing below the large pool and looking toward 
Portuguese Bend I can see the adult pool on the lower level.
A final view of Terranea's large pool and the levels 
of huge homes up on the hills of Palos Verdes.
That is where I spent my last day in California 
before having a favorite Mexican dinner.
Then back to DC.

I have not tried this web site but it looks interesting.
Maybe for the next trip.
www.flightnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment