Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hardware and Tools

 Several years ago the New Image group had a Hardware show. 
 At that time I started drawing (with colored pencils) many of the 
old tools I found around our home as seen in this sketchbook.
After the drawings I embroidered each tool, life size.
 This is Timeless Tools created for that Hardware show. 
The hands in the center panel I consider the original tools.
Total size of the 3 panels is 15 by 65 inches.
 This detail shows that the embroidered tools are 
appliqued to two layers of window screening 
with HARDWARE written on the bottom layer.
 I recently found an old photo of some tools hanging in our garage. 
I have started embroidering many of them in a 
smaller size than the originals.
I will rearrange them on some kind of a shelf or hanging device. 
These will include a few tools I hadn't used before as well as 
odd images that will not necessarily belong. 
So this is the beginning of a new hardware piece.



3 comments:

  1. Great artwork about hardware tools, you have talent and you should try to work as a designer in a company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Website...
    Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
    Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
    FB Likes and check your website worth Website Value Calculator
    Hot Wallpapers
    its may be very beneficial for you also really

    ReplyDelete