Friday, March 28, 2014

Butterflies , Drawing and Embroidery and Quilts

Butterflies and Their Beautiful Kin
at Texas Quilt Museum
La Grange, Texas
April 3 - June 29, 2014  

Texas Quilt Museum
140 West Colorado St.
La Grange, TX  78945
979-968-3104

  Variations on B is my contribution to this show that opens next week.

 Variations on B is 42 by 42 inches and has been quilted.
This detail shows that much of the work is free-motion
machine embroidery on a painted canvas background.
The banana and brushes were taken from 
colored pencil drawings. I say one banana because 
I had a green one in the studio and I drew it every couple of days 
as it gradually ripened and turned black.
The brushes are my beat up brushes, drawn and 
embroidered and then having real paint put on the thread bristles.

Also opening April 3 is the Radical Elements exhibit. 
I will write about in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment