Monday, June 1, 2015

Post surgery, exhibits and more

It has been too long since I added information on my blog 
about my art life and more.
Due to sudden surgery caused by a detached retina 
I have been lax in catching up.
 However life goes on. This embroidery titled ZINNIAS is
in a show, ART AND FLOWERS, organized by the
Cape Fear Botanical Garden in Fayetteville, NC.
 It will also be shown at the Rosenthal Art Gallery
 at Fayetteville State University until June 20.
 The Creative Craft Council of DC, Maryland and Virginia
ia having an exhibition opening June 8th until July 26th.
 THREE FLOWERS 
(8 by 28 inches, embroidered on painted canvas) 
is included in this show and....

 WINDOW BOX is as well.
WINDOW BOX is 22 by 11 inches, embroidered and quilted.
 The summer show  
at the National Academy of Sciences in DC 
is the SAQA exhibit, RADICAL ELEMENTS
It can be seen until October 19, 2015
My CADMIUM themed element piece uses embroidery, paint, 
nets and foils, and more odd materials on black denim.
Each of the 40 element art works is 36 by 22 inches and
all are composed of much that is not fabric and thread.

So, although my creativity was stopped for a short time, 
art works have gone out to various venues. 
I am back in the studio, working with one eye for the time being.
It is not slowing me down otherwise and 
I have been promised that all will return to normal some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment