Saturday, February 13, 2021

And, the Pandemic continues.....




  I do not remember when I last wrote, but we have been 
having periods of winter. Beautiful as it is, staying in and
 just watching the snow fall is restful, glad to be staying in.

And, watching these 3 year old amaryllis coming up,
 two months after they were planted is a sort of a miracle.
Due to family and home care I have had very little time for studio work....
so it was a pleasure to see this piece pop up on SAQA’s Red Gallery.
This was created for good friend, Ann Dunn, 
50 to 60 years ago when we still lived in California.
It is created with layers of both embroidery and fabrics.

SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Ass) is having an auction 
with all pieces 6 by 8 inches, later matted so they will show 
only 4.5 by 6.5 inches.
 This small piece was part of the planning for my
Imagine Compromise, 1 by 4 foot piece in 2020.

When I have a few minutes I make cards for
upcoming birthdays and other events.
These continue the series I probably displayed  before 
of collage still-lifes, cutting images from magazines.

I believe that these will be the end of this series.
Too much finding and cutting even though they were fun to do.
And Valentines Day is upon us tomorrow.
 The NY Times had a craft suggestion in last Sunday’s
 At Home section. Use the newspaper to make Valentine cards.
So I did and made two

This with empty hearts heavy outlined in black marker
And, this one with the centers of nine hearts.
I m trying to think nines,
More on that later
Finally another heart Valentine for The New Image Artists
who have been overwhelmed with Rock, Paper, Scissors....
now showing at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley.

Here’s hoping everyone eventually gets the vaccine and 
our pandemic year(s) end.
I will always be thankful for the many interesting
 Zoom meetings and lectures. 
There is so much to see, read about, and learn about
 besides all the exercise classes.
I do hope these Zooms will not end.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment