Sunday, August 12, 2012

Paint it! Now App by Core




Corel is well known for their drawing and painting programs for computers.  When I found their Paint It! Now App I decided, despite the bad reviews, to download it to my iPad and give it a trial. The 'paint it' part gives you 5 styles to choose from.          Using a photo already on my iPad, I started trying the different styles available to see how it would change or become more like a painting.
Once you choose a style you sit back and watch the painting develop. These two pictures show the beginning  and further along using the Impressionistic  Style.
Next I tried the Modern style and let it go for quite a while. 
This is the Oil Style and you get the feeling of brush strokes.
This last is the Pen and Ink Style and didn't seem to change much as you let it continue. I  would enjoy this App more if one could stop it midway through its automatic painting and then it would let you continue watching it change. However, when  you click STOP you have to start over to see it continue in the same style. The Impressionistic and Illustration Styles seemed almost identical. I will have to start another photograph and try all the Styles once again to really catch their differences. It is fun to play with but not for serious work unless one is presenting their photographs as paintings.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment