Thursday, January 26, 2012

More K Street Reflections

Another Photo, slightly skewed but almost an abstract image, left alone. I wanted to have at least 4 in this series of 8 by 8's.









Cropping the photo I found the area I wanted to embroider.













Trying to straighten the image I embroidered almost the exact scene I was seeing. Again, these embroidered images are all thread on canvas.













This photograph has been cropped from a larger view of these windows to find the exact area I wanted to embroider.













This is the result of the free-motion machine embroidery. I will show the full series of four when I have had them photographed together.


I am stopping this series or theme for now and moving on to painting some of the 8 by 8's., but I am fascinated by reflections and may return to do some from pictures taken on a sunny day.



No comments:

Post a Comment