Friday, July 27, 2012

Head For the Hills

During my July 7 blog I mentioned that a group of friends liked the back of an embroidery I was working on, better than the front. I have now finished the front and thought any who viewed the back might be interested in seeing the front. Named by a good friend, Head For the Hills is approximately 23 inches by 11 inches.











This detail may show that the hills have been covered with thread, embroidered with a  free-motion sewing machine.









The Corvette was embroidered from an image I took in California of my son's car as it sat in his driveway. The most difficult part of this composition was trying to work out a road with the correct perspective to match the position of the Corvette heading into my fictitious hill country.

Now is this front or right side better than the back of the embroidery?

No comments:

Post a Comment