Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Recent catalogs and publications

The month of May brought several catalogs, to my attention.
 The Radical Elements exhibit has a catalog with two pages 
for each artist. Both a statement about their element 
and a list of the unusual materials defining the subject are included.
My Cadmium element piece has been seen here previously 
and here it is again in the catalog.
 This month a friend gave me this winter Gallery Guide for the DC area. 
I was surprised to see a picture of my Wide Load in 
the listing for the Waverley Street Gallery in Bethesda, MD
 The SAQA Regional exhibit, Tarnish produced this small catalog.
Christine Adams and Lesley Riley were the co-curators. 
My Sitting Still, Life was in this show at VisArts in Bethesda, MD.
 The Texas Quilt Museum produced this their first catalog 
for their exhibit, Butterflies and their Beautiful Kin. 
Part of the show was juried and part invitational.
 My Variations on B was included in the invitational section. 
I am pleased to have it in this quite wonderful exhibit.
The month of May flew by with wonderful exhibits at many venues. 
And, fun days were spent with our Granddaughters 
and their husbands, Lindsey, Brandon, Hayley, and Brant. 
I would recommend the 3 hour Segway tour.
It beats the pedestrian tour of the monuments.

No comments:

Post a Comment