Saturday, April 6, 2019

Current exhibitions

My time keeps flying by and it has been too long 
since I have added to this blog.
These images are of work at or going to current exhibitions.
My FICTIONAL FANTASY, below, is now in the Dreams exhibit at the
Page-Walker Arts and History Center in Cary, NC

 And, this is the announcement card, front and back.

 New Image Artists are now showing at Capital One in 
Tysons Corner, VA.
My NOT ALWAYS GREEN is included as well as

CATCHING THE MOMENT below.
This is an older piece that I have always liked.
Although the magnolia blossoms die
within one day I have added the embroidered leaves 
to indicate their aging by the color changes, from a bright green
 to a deep coppery color.
Much of this piece has 3D parts along with some insects.
 The Creative Crafts Council of Virginia, Maryland and DC
has an upcoming event of all crafts. This exhibition will be 
at Strathmore Mansion in North Bethesda, MD
From June 1 to July 31, 2019
My GATHERING IN will be in this exhibit.  
It is a two panel work that I finished in 2018

These are EYES for another show that will take place 
this summer in DC.
The measurements are 5 inches by 23 inches.
Machine embroidery on cotton.

Now I must get out and walk around to enjoy all 
the blooming trees and bushes before I return to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment