Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Back of an Unfinished Embroidery

When I took an embroidery to a meeting I was asking for advice about the images on the front of it. However, everyone seemed to like the back, better? They saw that first. You can see I use a heavy canvas and even with the use of paper under the canvas, it gathers at the sides when I am heavily embroidering. I've heard that working on the bias of the canvas this does not happen. But, I have tried that and it still gathers. Running the free-motion machine embroidery in different directions for the varied sections helps a bit. You will see that this does not bother me as in the end I cut off the unused canvas and tear away most of the paper.

You will have to wait till I have the front photographed to see the final correct side of this embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment