Saturday, June 2, 2012

Creative Craft Council Auction

The Creative Craft Council Auction will be held at Strathmore Gallery in Bethesda on June 14th. I have added 3 small embroidered quilts to the auction.











Each embroidery was created from my colored pencil drawings and the drawings were from live roses.











After finishing the embroidery I appliqued each rose to a multiple fabric background and then quilted it. The backgrounds are from an unsuccessful piece that I cut up. I do hate to waste both time and work so enjoy using up unfinished works that may be just gathering dust.








The three will be auctioned separately but do make a good group. Each is 11 inches square and they are Velcroed to small (7 by 7 inch) wood frames to hang an inch away from the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment