Saturday, August 18, 2018

Fictional Fantasy from beginnings to end.

It has been a while since I have added to my blog.
This, below, is one reason why.

Looking at these two fabrics, I thought they ought to blend into 
? something?
And, might make a different background for some embroidery.
 At the same time I had been looking at three fabrics I liked and 
wanted to use but didn't want to cut them up.
 So after staring at these printed materials for a while (I am slow) 
I thought, instead of cutting them up I would take some of their
designs and reinterpret them into embroidered images to use someway?
 Actually this was a lot of fun.....designs were interesting 
to recreate into various colors and change sizes at the same time.
So I made a lot of these separate embroideries not knowing 
where they were to go or if they would fit into anything.
 I kept making them, just enjoying the process.
 Thinking I was wasting a lot of time and effort I began 
to lay them out on some designs on paper, 
trying to find some way to connect them.
 I spent time looking at each of them on that fabric 
I wanted to use as a background.
 Thinking of some way to connect these images
 that did not seem to connect I started drawing several ideas on paper.
Finally ended up with a tree or vine or scroll shape. 
 Not wanting to take away from those muted colors  
I chose a grayed green to kind of blend into the background.
 Trying that bird, that sort of stood out, on the background 
I wanted to see how it looked on those leaves.....not good.
 Started laying out these embroideries to make some kind 
of sense on the double background I did many rearrangements.
I eliminated quite a few of the embroideries 
that did not fit either for their color or too much of the same thing.
 Over several weeks of rearranging I finally decided this was a fantasy.
 To me, fantasies seem to have no connection with reality and this surely didn't.
I was not looking for a correct composition. Why Not?
At this point I had not sewn down the scroll or any of the images, 
just kept playing with them but finally decided I had to stop. I was
never going to get to the perfect arrangement, so just started to sew. 
Below is the final in a picture I took. 
I am now ready to have my photographer take some photos of this 
Fictional Fantasy.

 



2 comments:

  1. I have read your article and this is really an amazing post for increasing skill in this concern department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the best writers can make silly errors without realizing. http://34c17fpd08.dip.jp http://3ecktj7g8z.dip.jp http://zs9fkk9ub3.dip.jp

    ReplyDelete